Unbelievable
As in I honestly don't believe it. But considering I stepped on and off and on and off and on the scale and it read the same thing - three times - I think it's true. I'm down 4 pounds for the week. That puts me down 12.5 pounds for the challenge thus far (after 5 weeks). Unreal. And yesterday I was so frustrated, so blah....I think part of it was overexercising. I took yesterday off (my first off day in THREE WEEKS). Lesson learned. Your body needs a chance to recover occasionally. And today I'll be back to the gym and hopefully have a better work out because of my one day hiatus.
Now I know I'll probably break even (or even more likely gain) next week due to a) TOM and b) Grandmapalooza '08 (HUGE three-day long event in MD with all of Rob's friends...). But I'm okay with that. I'm in this for the long haul, and as long as I'm hauling around less weight in general, I'm not going to worry as much about one weigh in.
So as I reflect on the past 5 weeks, I've learned a few things.
1. One meal is just that - one meal. It will not make or break your number on the scale for a week.
2. I need a cheat day. Speaking personally, I need a day that I can eat/drink whatever I want. Now I still exercise on my cheat day, and it's turning out that really I just splurge on one meal for that day instead of splurging on everything I eat, but I need that option. It makes me less likely to binge.
3. Exercise isn't important, it's vital. I have always worked out, but the past few weeks I've been really focusing on what I'm doing when I'm out for a run or at the gym.
4. I don't love food as much as I thought I did. I always thought, I'm just one of those people who loves food. But I taste a lot of things and think, "that's really not worth it." I haven't had a cookie/brownie/etc. in 5 weeks and I don't miss them one bit. Generally I find those are among the usual culprits for looking better than they taste. Now Haagen Daaz dulce de leche fro yo....that's another story :)
5. Grocery shopping every week is key. I started because I wanted to save some money, but I'm also losing weight because of it. I am satisfied just as much by a wrap I make at home as I am by the one at the local deli, and I know what I'm putting in my body when I make it myself.
I've learned a lot more than all this, but I won't bore my one or two readers with anymore :) I just wanted to reflect a bit since I am officially a half-pound away from my recent low of two years ago August, and that number came after a long run. I'm focused, even though I have no official weight goal. I'm doing great, even though I'm not in any way shape or form depriving myself. I'm finally feeling, for the first time in my life, as if I've got this down. Now if only I could figure out my career life I'd be set!!!! :)

1 Comments:
You are doing fantastic!!!! Congrats on the loss this week and your overall success. I wish I could get myself under control like you have (I'm working on it though). Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment
<< Home