K's Comeback

The challenge: 30 minutes of cardio (or more) every day in 2011. All 365 days. I might regret this, but for now I'm super excited!!

Monday, April 07, 2008

Cherries Blossoming

For the past three springs, I have had the fortune to live in the DC metro area, and have my birthday fall at the beginning of the Cherry Blossom Festival. My parents come into town every year for my bday, so we usually go enjoy the blossoms with thousands of our closest friends. Due to a hectic weekend last weekend, a walking tour of the blossoms just wasn't possible.

Fortunately, MG and I signed up for the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Race which was held yesterday. Unfortunately, it was rainy and in the 40s. Honestly, if MG hadn't been running with me, I don't know if I would have gone. I had plenty of excuses - it was rainy, it was cold, it was rainy and cold, I was tired, and I had banged up my knee something fierce playing volleyball the day before. But we did it. And although it was the absolute slowest pace I've EVER run during any race, I'm proud of myself. And thankful to MG for being there for me (not that he had much of a choice after my mom basically said she was counting on him to take care of me!)

My 10 year high school reunion is in less than 5 months, and I've outlined a workout plan from now until then. I will also try to do the Annapolis 10 Miler in August right before the reunion...my goal is to start running more consistently, and hopefully get to a 9 - 9:10 mile by then.

The wedding tour continues this weekend with a trip to Chi-town. MG's friend from grad school, so I won't know hardly anyone, but I'm looking forward to going back to one of my favorite cities.

1 Comments:

Blogger Starfruit said...

Congrats on finishing the race without incident :-). Since I'm not going to do the Indy Mini due to laziness, maybe I'll join you for the Annapolis 10 Miler, if you don't mind the company....or the wait at the finish line when I finish at least a 30 mins. behind you.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home