K's Comeback

The challenge: 30 minutes of cardio (or more) every day in 2011. All 365 days. I might regret this, but for now I'm super excited!!

Friday, February 01, 2008

TGIF (Thank Goodness it's February!)

I'm not sure why, but January has always been one of my least favorite months. Maybe because it's a winter month with 31 days, maybe it's because of the letdown after Christmas. Even so, I was shocked to hear on the radio this morning that it is now February, so I guess it flew by this year :)

First - I have an exciting development regarding New Year's Resolution #1. I have an interview on Tuesday! Not sure if anyone from work could/would ever get to my blog, but at this point I don't really care that much anymore :) I'm super excited and plan on spending a fair amount of time this weekend preparing.

Secondly - The week got off to a slow start exercise-wise due to a shoulder injury that was either caused by a) sleeping on it funny, b) slamming a volleyball for the first time in a year, or both. Either way, I was back up and running on Wednesday, and have done three days of cardio and two days of Body Pump this week. I'm planning on a nice easy (but longish) run tomorrow and body pump/cross training on Sunday to wind up the week with five days working out. Not bad considering I missed the first two!

Third - I have been doing a good job of "adding something new" in terms of health goals each week, but I didn't really do that this week. My planner says "resume running" so I guess if I do that tomorrow it counts :) Next week I'm going to try to get 7 hours of sleep each night, which will be a challenge.

Fourth - Update on the "no sweets" bet. I'm still on track! Surprising consider my friend is coming to visit this week, but I'm doing it! Only 20 more days after today :)

Fifth and finally - Lent begins next week (which explains why Easter is so darn early this year), and I'm trying to decide what, if anything to give up. I would do sweets, but I'm going to be in New Orleans for 3.5 days during Lent, and I will have just come off 31 days without and that seems like extreme punishment :) I would give up pop, but I've basically cut it out of my diet already, and that seems like an easy way out. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home