K's Comeback

The challenge: 30 minutes of cardio (or more) every day in 2011. All 365 days. I might regret this, but for now I'm super excited!!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Running on Empty

For some reason I'm exhausted today. I shouldn't be - I had a fairly relaxing weekend at home in the Bus, and then slept in yesterday to celebrate MLK Day and my day off :) I feel a little under the weather, and I hope it's nothing serious.

MG and I made a bet yesterday - I have decided to give up sweets (read: cookies, candy, cakes and ice cream) for 31 days. One month, and it coincidentally coincides with our friends' wedding in New Orleans. Basically, I can start eating sweets again the day we leave. If I win, MG will buy me a spa package (read: he doesn't really think I can do it :)). Wish me luck!

Exercise is going well. We are going to the opening night gala for the D.C. car show tonight, so I probably won't get a chance to work out....but I will be at body pump bright and early (6 am class), and will do an hour of cardio afterwards. Plus I did that very same routine yesterday.

Things are going well...with regards to my resolutions, I purchased a planner today to help organize my life :) I really like it because it has tasks for the year, month, and week.....so I can remind myself all of the time what I'm working towards, and break it down into smaller segments while keeping an eye on the bigger picture.

This week is fairly booked with social engagements, but I am hoping to put in some quality time on Resolution #1 this weekend :) Along with figuring out my weekends for the year.....I like to plan :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Becardi said...

Good luck with your bet - I am impressed with your ambition, I could NEVER do it, but you will - just think about the spa package!!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Starfruit said...

I concur with B. I don't think I could make 1 entire month with no chocolate. Good luck - I'm sure you can do it!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home