K's Comeback

The challenge: 30 minutes of cardio (or more) every day in 2011. All 365 days. I might regret this, but for now I'm super excited!!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Nine in Forty-Nine

Okay, so first things first just to get it out of the way.....I passed out during the half marathon on Sunday. Most of you know this is my second time passing out during/after a half marathon. They don't know what's wrong, so I'm going to continue to have blood work done and go see some specialists (neurologist, possibly a cardiologist after that). Freaked the heck out of me, but I honestly think I just pushed myself too hard during that last mile when I was exhausted, and I get nervous and anxious with all of the crowds. Needless to say I am hanging up my running shoes for that distance....at least until I figure out what's wrong or if it's safe to try again. The thing that irritates me the most is that I know I can do it - I've done it before - and I know that if I had been going slower (walking, or a pace at or around 10min/mile) I would have made it. There is a fine line between pushing yourself and killing yourself, and I clearly don't know where it is drawn. Also irritating is the fact that just two weeks before I completed a 10 Miler in hotter, more humid conditions, and I was fine. Hmph.

ANYWAY, I have lots of good things in my life - supportive family, friends and bf.....and speaking of MG, he has booked our tickets to go to Hermosa Beach in December to visit his best friend! I am super excited, and have set a new goal/challenge for myself: 9 in 49. We leave 7 weeks from today, and I would like to be 9 pounds lighter. That would make me the lightest I've been in who knows how long. And since I really need to focus on a healthy, balanced diet (esp. due to recent events), and limit alcohol consumption due to the same, I think that I should be able to do this.

Two issues: exercise and Thanksgiving. To the first - I still plan on exercising - I just need to get back in the game. I've always loved hiking - I'm going to do more of it now. I LOVE to walk - I'm going to do longer walks on the weekends instead of runs. And slowly, I will put 3-6 mile runs back into my routine. As long as I'm sticking to distances 10 miles or less, I think I'll be fine :) As to Thanksgiving - it's one day, and one day out of 49 won't hurt my progress. Just have to keep it to that one day! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Becardi said...

Sorry to hear that! I was wondering how it went. Hopefully the doctors can help figure out what is going on and get you back on track.

Sounds like a good goal - nine in 49. I am glad everything else is going well!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home