K's Comeback

The challenge: 30 minutes of cardio (or more) every day in 2011. All 365 days. I might regret this, but for now I'm super excited!!

Friday, April 06, 2007

The Ten Spot

So, I know it has been forever and a day since I have written. As I've gotten back on track in other areas of my life, I promise to get back on track with this as well.

Starfruit is heading up a new challenge, and I think it's really going to help me. I decided I want to lose 10 pounds, but I actually think it will be more because I was on the high end when I weighed the first time, and even since I reported this week's weigh in, I'm down 5 additional pounds. I'm just going to keep doing well, and see where I land at the end - but hopefully at least down the 10 I promised myself!!!

In other 10-related news, I jogged 10 miles last night. Considering I was freaking out because my half-marathon is three weeks from tomorrow and the longest runs I had done up to this point were 6.2 miles (and only 2 or 3 of them), I'm ecstatic. I wanted to get in my long run before BB&G visits this weekend, and I accomplished that last night.

I know that I might not run this half as quickly as I did my last one, but I am okay with that. My motto is living in the present and letting go. Life is too short, and all I can do is improve for the future - I can't fix the mistakes I've made in the past. So back to the running....I'm up to 10 miles. Three weeks until race day. I will finish, and it will be fun and rewarding. And I can (and will) always train for another race and do a better job preparing myself for that one.

One final note....I was reading this article called "8 Secrets of the Naturally Slim" (okay, I know it's not keeping with the 10 theme, but it was a great article.) Although the entire article was good, the main thing I will take away from it is the HALT philosophy. All week, before I've started to eat something, I've stopped and asked myself - am I Hungry, am I Angry, am I Lonely, or am I Tired. Although I always knew I was an emotional eater, this simple exercise really helps me. If I'm tired, I take a nap or just rest for a few minutes, if I'm lonely I can call a friend, and if I'm angry I can go to the gym and work off my aggression. Only when I'm hungry should I eat. And it's working. I have confidence in myself that soon enough I will be back to that Perfect 10 that I know I can be :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Starfruit said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're back. I've missed you! Congrats on the long jog and the additional dropped lbs. I would love to read the article you are talking about. Is it available online? I'm an emotional eater too.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home