K's Comeback

The challenge: 30 minutes of cardio (or more) every day in 2011. All 365 days. I might regret this, but for now I'm super excited!!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Grounded

I'm grounded for the next six weeks, and I couldn't be happier. I have been flying nonstop lately, and while it's been fun, I'm ready to take the next 6 weeks to get my life in order :) It will give me time to focus on my running, weight loss efforts, cleaning/organizing, career/education future plans, etc.

I'm officially up this week - 1.2 pounds I think. However, my mom and I have a bet going, so I'm going to use this as my official weight and go from there :) We are not going to see each other for 8 weeks (I think the longest we've ever gone :( ), so my goal is to lose 10 pounds, and her goal is to lose 6. If we both meet our goals, we celebrate and buy clothes, but if one does and the other doesn't, we owe them a piece of clothing or something. Happy Birthday today to my beautiful mom, by the way!!!! :)

I'd rather start high, and then the initial few pounds should come off fairly easily :) Plus, if I lose the 10 pounds from right now, I will then be 10 pounds away from a healthy BMI. I'd like to reach that goal by summer, but clearly I'll be happy if I'm down even the first 10!

So here's to a great next two months. By the time I see my mom next, hopefully we will be a combined 16 pounds less, and it will be closer to spring so I'll want to shop and buy some cute new clothes!! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Becardi said...

What a great idea for your bet with your mom! That will keep you motivated, along with your running schedule!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home