I Did It!!!
I just ran my first half-marathon!!! Woo hoo! And although it's a fast course, it's known to be somewhat difficult due to the hills. Mar and I kicked those hills' butts :)
Mar was kind enough to stay with me, and we finished together, holding our arms up, around 2 hours and 2 or 3 minutes (I'll post tomorrow when I think they'll have the final results....I didn't really pay much attention!)
Of course, my first thought was, I can do this thing in under two hours! So that's my next goal. Nashville half-marathon at the end of April, baby :)
I haven't decided yet if I will ever try to do a full marathon. There's something nice about the half - you finish not completely exhausted, the training isn't as time-intensive, and you still have an awesome sense of accomplishment.
That's it for now....I'm going to enjoy the rest of the day, and try to organize/clean up my life starting tomorrow :) Oh, and register for my next half-marathon :)

1 Comments:
CONGRATS!!!! I am so excited for you - I hope you have pictures and can't wait to hear all about it. What a great accomplishment!
Post a Comment
<< Home