K's Comeback

The challenge: 30 minutes of cardio (or more) every day in 2011. All 365 days. I might regret this, but for now I'm super excited!!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

New life :)

Okay, the birth of my first cousin once removed is not entirely related to my weight loss and training journey, but I can make it work :)

First, I received some NSVs (non-scale victories) by way of compliments from family members I hadn't seen for a couple of months on Saturday at the hospital.

Secondly, I'm using Samantha Ann's birth to acknowledge my own rebirth - I'm not starting over exactly because I've already come so far, I'm just ramping up my efforts.

I had a great discussion with my brilliant mother, and I realized what I knew all along - I sabotage myself. I got down to 7 pounds from a healthy weight, but what happens when I get there? Will my life be perfect? No. Will I instantly find the man of my dreams? No. Will I always be happy and never depressed? No. But I WILL be healthier, and I WILL be more confident. Both of these things will make (and have already started to make) my life infinitely better.

So, Samantha Ann Tylander was born on August 25, 2006, and my revived weight loss journey was born Monday August 28, 2006. Hopefully while Sam's weight is growing, though, I'll be shrinking :) 20 pounds by Atlantis (Feb. 28, 2007) - that's my goal. And this time I'm ready to reach it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home