Deep Breath
I was doing so well. I went to Baltimore and stayed on track, did pretty well at brunch yesterday, had a healthy salad for dinner, and then I lost it. It had all of the signs of a classic Kara binge - I was exhausted (less than 4 hours of sleep Saturday night), I was a little stressed (applying for the DC bar....more of a pain in the butt than anything else), and I was slightly depressed.Then I got this email from my friend Vince who I was visiting in B-more. I saw this picture and thought, wow, I have come a long way.
So deep breaths. I'm back on track. This is a journey, there will be slip-ups, but as long as the good days outnumber the bad, which they have been, I will be successful.
So another learning experience....in the future when I feel like bingeing after dinner I will:
-Take a short walk
-Chug a glass of ice cold water
-Call a friend
-Clean
I know this is something I have to overcome, and I know I am strong enough to do it. So today I am so hard core back on track, I'm actually feeling pretty good (which means the binge wasn't as bad as it could have been), and grateful for all that I have and all of the supportive people in my life.
Okay, that entry was a little heavier than I usually like, but you take the good with the bad, and this is my bad. Here's to a wonderful OP Monday and week....I can't WAIT to drive home to C-bus this weekend to see friends, family, and my extended family.....Buckeye Nation!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home