Re-committing today!
I have somehow skated along relatively unscathed while basically being off plan for the last month or so (maybe longer). The last time I was actually OP for the ENTIRE seven days of the week was in April. Wow.
I gained 3.5 pounds this week. I know exactly why I gained, and what I have to do to lose:
-NO more drinking until after my race. Period. I have worked too hard to sabotage my efforts with alcohol.
-Eat at home as much as possible. Seriously. I just spent a boatload at Costco, and don't want to waste it. Plus, it's healthier food than what I would get at a restaurant.
-Limit dessert to once a week. This week, I'm going to brunch as part of extended restaurant week, so I will splurge on dessert on Sunday. That's it.
-Limit soda - one can per day. That is the MAX - if at all possible I will substitute green tea.
Okay, so I know what I have to do, now I just have to do it. I am always bad about "giving in" when going out for drinks or dinner when someone says, "oh come on, just have a few drinks, etc." but this is my body and my decisions about what goes into it. It's my responsibility to take care of myself, and I'm going to do just that. I think that saying, "sorry, not until after the race - try lugging a beer belly on a 13 mile run" is a sufficient response :)

1 Comments:
Use the race as your reason to say no - it works! I said no to so many people so many times because of my race and they stop pressuring you when you have a reason!
I think it is so hard to stay completely OP once you have been doing WW for awhile - good for you for seeing what you are doing and making a plan to stop it.
Post a Comment
<< Home