K's Comeback

The challenge: 30 minutes of cardio (or more) every day in 2011. All 365 days. I might regret this, but for now I'm super excited!!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Nervous

All of this training comes down to Saturday. While my goals are extremely manageable - 1. finish, 2. 10 minute miles, I still can't help but being nervous. I have the same "week before something big all over tenseness pit in my stomach can't think or see straight" feeling I had before the bar exam. But I actually enjoyed that experience, and I plan on enjoying this as well.

I figure I'll take the rest of the day Saturday to relax and possibly reward myself with a good lunch or a treat from a stellar bakery or something, and then the second nervous event of the day takes place - my Buckeyes at Iowa. Hopefully both events will go the way I hope (and expect) they will!

So starting next week, after giving myself a day or two to recover and relax, the theme will be - "where do I go from here?" I already have a 5 miler Turkey Trot and December 10K on my schedule, but I really want to develop a plan of attack for not only my running/fitness routine, but also more of life in general. So this blog may morph into something else as well... we will see :)

Oh, and I stayed the same weight-wise this week. I'm actually great with that. And after the half, that is another thing I will re-focus on.....bathing suit ready by February!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Becardi said...

You are going to do fantastic at the race on Saturday - have fun!! Is anyone going with you to watch - you need lots of pictures!

And of course the Buckeyes will win.

Why do you have to be bathing suit ready by Feb? Big vacation?

You look great too, by the way!!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Starfruit said...

GOOD LUCK tomorrow K!! You're going to kick arse!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home