27 in 2007
Happy New Year! I can't believe I haven't posted in two months....yikes! The scale reflects it so New Year's Resolution #1 (or #5, I guess) is to post every week. I promise!!! :)
So here are my New Year's Resolutions, in no particular order. My dad said, why have so many resolutions? You're just setting yourself up for failure? I look at it a different way - if I have several ways in which I'm trying to improve my life, and succeed in at least one or two, I've made progress.
1. Lose weight (27 pounds would be nice - esp. since it is 2007 and I'll be 27 years old in March). This will be accomplished by: eating intuitively, exercising as much as possible, and continuing to run races. (training begins for half-marathon #2 a week from today!!)
2. Attend church regularly (for purposes of this blog, "regularly" is defined as at least twice a month).
3. Read more (for purposes of this blog, "more" is defined as one book per month).
4. Develop a five-year plan including career, finance, relationship, possible education, and home-owning goals.
5. Post to this blog weekly :)
6. Develop new interests or take more time for existing ones (I'm thinking if I pick up one or two new hobbies this year, I'll be doing well :)).
7. Cultivate relationships - do a better job of keeping in touch with friends/family, meet new people, and have a positive attitude/open mind with regards to those new people :)
8. Think before I speak - less gossip/negativity.
9. Let it go (this can cover so many things :)).
10. Have fun and make 2007 the best year ever!!
That's it. :) In terms of the weight loss goals, I just got back to DC this morning, so I'll weigh tomorrow, and go from there. That means at least two posts this week - woo hoo! :) And who knows...I may only need to lose 26 pounds (that's the new "less negativity" resolution kicking in :)).

2 Comments:
Yeah! Here's to a great 2007! And here is to starting 2007 healthier and happier than we started 2006! Looking forward to you keeping resolution #5!
Yay! You're back! (I'm a big stater of the obvious, by the way.) You have fantastic New Year's resolutions. I may have to adopt one or two, like developing a 5 year plan. Here's to us making 2007 a fantastic year!
Post a Comment
<< Home