Training in a Winter Wonderland
So I should have realized this was going to be more difficult than over the summer. The weather stinks, and all I want to do is curl up in a ball and hibernate. However, I am running a half marathon April 28th, and I really want to do better than my Quantico time. This how I'm going to do it:
1. Limit caffeine. I was up until 3:00 am the other night because I just could not fall asleep. I think it was partially due to the fact that I ate too much, but also because I had a Diet Coke in the afternoon. Last night I slept like a baby, and the only caffeine I had all day was in green tea.
2. Limit white carbs.
3. Limit alcohol consumption. Right now I do my long runs on Saturdays, and so Saturday would be the only night I would drink. After I get back from the Bahamas on March 4th, I'm going to try not to drink until the race with two exceptions: St. Patty's Day and my birthday.
4. Increase lean protein intake.
5. Increase veggie/fruit intake.
I'm weighing on Fridays now, so I'll have an update on that front in a couple of days. I'm just really getting back on track, so I'm not expecting much, but it would be nice to see a loss since I only have a little over 7 weeks until I see my mom and I need to lose 10 pounds, not go in the other direction :)

1 Comments:
Bahamas? I am very jealous. Sounds like you have a good plan for the half marathon. I need to figure out how to improve my diet to improve my running.
Post a Comment
<< Home