Super Sunday
I am happy to report that I was able to do my 6 mile jog on Sunday (actually 6.2 miles), and while my foot hurts a little, it is nothing like the pain from Friday and Saturday. I'm going to rest it today (except for my basketball game tonight....darn, forgot about that), and see how it feels tomorrow. But the good news is I'm back on track with my training, and from a stamina perspective, I feel that I could have done 7 miles yesterday, so next weekend shouldn't be bad. As long as I can find an hour window when it's not painfully cold to run outside.
Since my life is more than just training and trying to lose weight, I'm also going to do a little more writing about other things on here. Not too much as to bore people, hopefully :) I went to a Super Bowl party last night, and had a great time. I think I might have a smidge of some sort of anxiety disorder because I often find myself not wanting to go to these things, but I usually have at least some fun when I do. I had a great time, and met a bunch of new people which is always nice. I talked to a couple of guys, but there were no numbers exchanged or anything....it's nice to know that there are some cute, nice, single men in the DC area, though, because in my 18 months here I have met very few :)

2 Comments:
Good to hear that your foot is feeling better and that your 6 mile jog went well. And by the way, I also have anxiety when I go to social events where I don't know very many of the people who will be there or if I don't have a "wingman," so to speak. Glad you had fun :-)
Yeah for your run. I think its funny that you only need to carve out an hour to do your 7 mile run this weekend. My 7 miles definitely took well over an hour. Glad the foot is feeling better - be sure to keep an eye on it!
I am in the same boat with social events - even sometimes when they are with people I already know and people who are good friends. Makes no sense. No wonder we are all friends, we all share the same issues!
Post a Comment
<< Home