K's Comeback

The challenge: 30 minutes of cardio (or more) every day in 2011. All 365 days. I might regret this, but for now I'm super excited!!

Monday, January 29, 2007

Hitting a Wall

So, I truly meant to post on Friday (new WI day) even though I gained. It was a super hectic day at work, and somehow it slipped my mind by the end of the day when I had a minute to breathe. Blame it on ageing I guess :)

I felt like I had hit a wall. I was up 2 pounds on Friday. That's the bad/horrible news. The good/great news is, I am back on track, I went to Costco and spent $188 on Saturday on healthy foods so I'm going to be eating in a lot more, and there were other factors (little "friend" came a week early) that I think influenced my weight gain. Even just two days later on Sunday I was down 3 pounds. Hmph. I've been on program now for over three straight days, which is quite impressive for me (esp. considering those three days were weekend days, and I went to a Peruvian Jungle party Saturday night and a (gasp!) bakery open house with SS yesterday. I thought it would be free little samples - no - they had cc cookies, muffins, doughnuts, crullers, cupcakes w/ frosting.....all for free. I honestly believe that if I can stick with it for a week straight, I'll be back on track for good.

I did my 5 mile jog with PKW (high school bf, just moved to DC from China) on Saturday, in which I hit another wall - this time of people. It was a beautiful day (54 degrees), but it was a difficult run for me, mainly because we were dodging thousands of protestors. Stupid Kara forgot there was a huge anti-war protest on the Mall on Saturday. Not only did they get in the way, but something around the Capitol was scrambling my GPS signal, so it started going backwards after about 4 miles. That is never fun. We jogged for 48 minutes, though, and considering the pace we were going, we definitely hit 5 miles. I remembered after the fact, though, that the 5 mile jog had been one of my hardest when training for my last half, so that made me feel better.

So anyway, to make a long post a little longer, I will wrap up by saying, I feel like I hit the wall, and I've bounced back. I'm looking forward to keeping this going, and getting other areas of my life (cleaning my room, analyzing my career goals, etc.) in order this week and next.

2 Comments:

Blogger Starfruit said...

Keep up the good work! I also feel like I have a hit a wall; no matter how hard I try to stay OP, I keep getting off track for one reason or another or no reason at all. Not too mention, my little friend is coming this week...boo! It always makes it harder when I want chocolate for EVERY meal. Thanks for the heads up on the 5-mile jog. Maybe knowing about the potential roadblock will make a difference.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Becardi said...

At least you have learned that you can bounce! Seriously, as much as a gain sucks, in the long term, you will get that 2 lbs off in no time. And the healthy groceries will be a huge help in staying OP.

Great job with your 1/2 marathon training - there is no way in the world I would be able to hit 5 miles in 48 minutes!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home