Happy Presidents Day
So....it's Presidents Day. I was going to take off work, but after being sick the ENTIRE weekend, I was actually a little stir crazy, and wanted to get out. Why I chose to come into work is beyond me. Plus, I just found out that the streets will be closed off until 4 due to the huge parade in Old Town where I work. Go figure - in the Nation's Capitol they have a huge celebration for President's Day. So looks like I'm here until then. I have a ton of stuff I need to get done, though, so it's probably for the best. It can be my catch up day.
Yesterday I hardly ate anything, but I think I still managed to eat my points worth, after lots of whole wheat pasta with a little chicken. It's amazing how it adds up :)
Sooo....I've made a decision. I cancelled my online WW subscription. It wasn't helping me, and if anything I think it was just freaking me out more. I'm keeping a notebook journal of what I eat instead. I know you may be thinking, what's the difference? Well, besides the obvious difference that I don't have to pay to write in my notebook, for some reason physically writing instead of typing makes it more "real" to me. Also, I have a few pictures of myself shoved in the notebook that are my inspiration - what I want to look like again.
After Valentine's Day, I realized that I a) should not drink during the week, and b) should not drink that much period. I know I've realized this before, but it really gets me off my rhythm for at least a day, usually two or three. I'll still go out and have fun, but I'm really making a concerted effort to severely curtail my alcohol consumption.
One final point - I'm not going to weigh myself until the day I go home next (March 16th). I know that for some weighing helps, but for me it just derails my efforts. When I was in high school and college and was trying to lose weight, I would just watch what I ate and notice the differences in my clothing. I have become WAY too scale-obsesssed, and that needs to stop. So, I'm trying something (old) new. We'll see how it works.
I'll still write on here - NSVs, training (which has NOT been going lately, esp. during this most recent illness I had all weekend), eating, etc.
One bright note today - a co-worker bought me a yogurt parfait from LaMadeleine's (5 pts.). I guess since I haven't been eating much, I wasn't that hungry, so I saved at least half of it for later or tomorrow. I'm REALLY going to try hard to eat only when I'm hungry and stop when I'm satisfied....I think if I do this and recommit to my training/exercise program, I will be where I want to be at least in the next year.

1 Comments:
Have you read "French Women Don't Get Fat" by Mireille Guiliano? I'm reading it right now and given your post, I think you might find it interesting as well, if you haven't already read it. The book talks a lot about NSVs and writing you down what you eat, etc. I hope you're feeling better!
Post a Comment
<< Home