Fresh Slate in '08
Okay, so not exactly a fresh slate, but there are several things I want to accomplish. These aren't exactly New Year's Resolutions, per se, but rather where I see my life 12 months from now.
1. Find a new job. That pretty much sums it up, but to expand slightly, I plan on accomplishing this goal by staying after work 1-2 hours every night submitting resumes/searching until it happens. By this time next year, though, I will not be sitting in this same chair :)
2. Develop a five year plan. I will have decided by this point next year whether or not I pursue a Ph.D., where I want my career to take me (locale and position-wise) over the next half decade, and generally what I'm doing with my life :)
3. Run a few races. I'm already doing the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler the beginning of April, and I'm not committing to any distances longer than that anytime in the near future (my health insurance can't handle it), but I want to do at least two 10 Milers this year and a 5 or 10K thrown in every other month at least for good measure. This will help with goal #4....
4. Look and feel better physically than I do now. I'm not setting weight goals, but I will inevitably weigh less this time next year because I'm going to sleep better (starting today - didn't sleep a wink last night), cut out bread at dinner, limit non-whole wheat grains, limit fried foods, limit desserts, and do SOME physical activity daily. I'm already off to a great start, and I'm down 5 pounds from my high which is nice, but the main objective is to look/feel better and not necessarily worry about the scale as much.
5. Get organized. I realize this is too general, but basically I want/need to get my new room at my new residence in order, keep my finances in check, and keep up with stupid mundane tasks like laundry. Not sure how I'll determine whether or not it was a success :)
6. Read. I did a fairly good job of reading more this past year, which was one of my goals, and I'd like to continue that trend.
7. Visit one place I've never been before. Could be a new state, could be a new country....stay tuned to figure out where!
8. Post on this blog weekly. Should be easy enough....I'm a fast typer and I love to put off real work :) It's not really going to be a weight loss blog as much anymore, though, so hopefully the two or three of you who read this occasionally will find my life quasi-interesting and stay tuned! :) I'm using it more for a way that I can hold myself accountable in all aspects of my life more than anything.
Happy New Year! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home