K's Comeback

The challenge: 30 minutes of cardio (or more) every day in 2011. All 365 days. I might regret this, but for now I'm super excited!!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Motivation

No witty headline this week - I'm too tired and busy for that. I am down 5 pounds this week. I knew it'd be a substantial loss since I worked out pretty rigorously every day this week, and had a small loss last week.

So, in three weeks of my challenge with MG, I'm down 8.5 pounds. Kicking butt and taking names. This is generally the point in the weight loss process when I start to lose focus. I look better, I feel better, so I don't continue to push myself as hard. So what is going to keep me motivated for, not only the remaining 10.5 weeks of the challenge, but for life?

10.5 weeks: Fear of losing $$ (have to put $20 in the pot if I gain any weigh in). Desire to look good at my 10-year high school reunion. Desire to do well in my 10 miler this summer. Desire to beat MG in our competition :)

Life: Desire to be healthy. Knowing that I'm happier when I feel better. The self-confidence that comes with being a healthy weight....a confidence that carries over into other aspects of life.

I know we all say "this time it will be different; this time I'll make it to my goal weight and stick there." I am confident, though, that that's true for me this time. For one thing, I don't really have a goal weight. I know that might sound bad for some people, but for me it's good. I feel healthier already. Do I want to lose more, definitely, but I'm not unhappy with where I am. This allows me to have the occasional indulgence (Five Guys at the Nats game (East Coast hamburger joint for those not from around here)) without feeling awful. I have to lose weight the way I plan to maintain; with a plan I can live with. I can definitely live with working my butt off and eating well during the week if it means I get ice cream and a cheeseburger on Saturday :)

I've also pretty much given up bread after lunchtime, and white bread in general. Bread makes me lethargic, and I've realized I don't really need it that often.

Will I slip; I'm sure. Will I owe $20 for gaining some week before the end of this challenge? I'm sure of that as well. But at the end of the challenge, and hopefully at the end of 2008, I'll be proud of myself for the way I look and feel, and at the end of the day, hopefully that attitude is what will keep me happy and healthy for life.

Wow, this post is long....I guess I'm not as busy as I thought :) I think it's important to hash things out occasionally, though, because if you don't know the purpose behind your actions, sometimes you lose sight of why they need to be done (hope that made sense!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Starfruit said...

Congrats on the success so far! That's fantastic. Keep up the good work.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home