Summertime - already?
So last time I turned around it was spring, but summer has smacked me in the face by way of 100 degree temperatures.
I have been gone for WAY too long, but I am back! After five weekends of travel and a visitor last weekend, I am happy to say that I have no set plans this weekend. (well, I have plans, but just no travel or visitors!) I am seriously looking forward to this.
Also, MG and I have started a weight loss challenge. We are flying to the USC game on Thurs., September 11 and that will be our final weigh in. We will weigh every Monday (two days ago was our initial weigh in) and whoever loses the most wins. For more details of the bet you can ask me, but let me just say that my wallet will be hit hard if I screw up a bunch. I know that sounds like a stupid way to lose weight, but the thought of giving the pot of cash $20 every time I gain weight for the week is a pretty darn good incentive to stay focused. For me. I know it wouldn't work for everyone. There are other things you have to put $$ in for, but I won't bore you with those here :)
Other than that, I've been busy with increasing responsibilities at work and travel. I hope to take care of New Year's resolution #1 (career situation) ASAP, and read more this summer since I don't have a lot of travel planned!
Other than that, not much going on. I'm signed up for two 10 milers - Annapolis in August and Army 10 Miler in October. I'm staying away from the half marathons until I can get my times down on 10 Milers and convince myself I won't pass out anymore :)

1 Comments:
Yay! I'm glad you're back too. I bummed about the Annapolis 10-Miler. It's a shame I'm so damn slow. I still want to come visit though!
Post a Comment
<< Home