Milestone
So....due to another four hour delay at CMH last night (stupid bad weather!) I am exhausted at work today. I took the opportunity to read through all of my past blog entries, and it was quite enlightening how much my mindset has changed since my weight loss efforts of 2006. Here are the two main differences:
-I used to set timelines. My mom pointed that out to me when I was home this past weekend - "you're not saying 'I want to lose this much by such and such anymore'.....I think that's why this time is different." As usual, mom is right :)
-I'm trying to follow a plan I can live with for the rest of my life. I realized that 100% counting points/calories/whatever does not work for me. If I work out enough, eat well 90% of the time, and try to make good choices, I'll be fine.
To wrap this up, I'm down 4.5 this week (but I was up two last week, so really down 2.5 from my low). That puts me at 1.5 pounds less than I was during my summer 2006 training. I went through my clothes in Cbus, and fit into clothes I haven't worn in years (read: college, some high school). While I'm excited, I'm also taking it in stride. I'm happy with how I look, would like to lose a few more and then maintain, and am content with many aspects of life. Now if I could just get New Year's Resolution #1 under control, I'd be set! :)

1 Comments:
Congrats on the huge loss! I thought you looked fantastic this weekend which I failed to mention. Keep up the great work!
Post a Comment
<< Home