K's Comeback

The challenge: 30 minutes of cardio (or more) every day in 2011. All 365 days. I might regret this, but for now I'm super excited!!

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Hit the Ground Running

Bad news, I gained 2 pounds this week. I'm not too upset about it, because I know I deserved the gain, but I do know I need to get back on track ASAP.

Good (actually great) news - I ran the Army 10 miler on Sunday, felt awesome, and had a great time. I finished in 1:31:29, a 9:09 pace. And that was with a potty break and a stop to tie my shoes! Needless to say I was extremely happy, as my goal was 1:35.

So....how am I going to get back on track even though the weather is getting colder? I tried on a pair of pants today that still had the tags on, and they didn't fit. Because they were too big. How crazy is that? Somehow I went from too small to too big in the past few months. Not that I'm complaining :)

My goal for the next week - take one day at a time. Take a deep breath, take at least 30 minutes each day for myself (reading, relaxing, etc.), and realize that I'm in this for the long haul, and so there are going to be ups and downs.

Tonight - off to the gym for cross training and body pump.....I want to get in awesome shape before the Turkey Trot 5 mile race on Thanksgiving....my goal? 45 minutes! I know I can do it, I just have to get moving....hit the ground running! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home