K's Comeback

The challenge: 30 minutes of cardio (or more) every day in 2011. All 365 days. I might regret this, but for now I'm super excited!!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

What?!

Okay, I am NOT complaining at all, but this week totally shocked me. I am usually not the type of person who has "surprise" losses or gains...generally how well I do during the week dictates how my weigh in goes. This week that was not the case.

I was depressed for a variety of reasons (including the monsoon the DC area got this past week), and I ate like I was depressed, falling off the wagon Friday afternoon through Monday night (hello mile high sundae at Champps) only to get back on yesterday. Yes, I had worked out 5 days this past week, including a 4.5 mile jog to the Supreme Court building, 5.5 mile walk around DC and back home, and body pump....all on Saturday. But the eating was horrible.

I was not going to step on the scale. I couldn't face it. I was afraid the number would depress me and derail all of my efforts. I was on a downward slope like every time in the past where I got to a certain point and just fell off the wagon. But for some reason when I got back from the gym this morning I was feeling (and what I thought to be looking) good, so I weighed.

Down a pound. An entire pound, after only being really on program three days max.

I have two options - I can get cocky with that, and probably show a gain next week, or I can work my ass off, thank the Lord, and be even more gung ho on plan...thankful to have the week start over and have a nice clean slate. I choose the second option :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home