Training
It was the week of training last week, as I was in Columbus for New Lawyer Training and started my training for the Quantico Half-Marathon which is September 30.
The first week of 1/2 marathon training went well...I only run three days a week and do cross training the other days to avoid putting too much strain on my body. My knee was hurting me a little on Saturday, but it felt better on yesterday's jog. I can already tell though that I'm going to have to replace shoes more often than I originally thought.
Finally, I am down 1.5 pounds this week. Yay! I am ecstatic...especially considering I indulged several times this week (first time I've ever stopped for a Cinnabon at Reagan Intl, some Maggie Moo's that Stephanie had waiting when I returned from C-bus...). I've realized the key is to let it go. It's only food, and I really think I've lost (or at least minimized) that emotional connection to eating.
Here's to another great week of training! Got in a shorter jog than I would have liked yesterday because of my softball game (which we lost), but still stayed on my schedule. Looking forward to using my new fancy GPS wristwatch to run around the neighborhoods tomorrow and Saturday!! :)

1 Comments:
Ohh a GPS watch - very exciting. Glad your training is going well. I signed up for a half marathon next May - if you like it, you should sign up and we'll do it together - it is in Indy.
Post a Comment
<< Home