K's Comeback

The challenge: 30 minutes of cardio (or more) every day in 2011. All 365 days. I might regret this, but for now I'm super excited!!

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

We're flying out tonight for my girl Steph's wedding in Vegas, so I won't be able to post tomorrow. Monday's weigh in went much better than expected, especially since we took MG's mom out for Mexican last Saturday night for an early Mother's Day :) I was down 2.5 pounds for the week, and I'm crossing my fingers that I at least maintain this week.....even though we're going to Vegas.

My girl at work hooked me up with free fitness center privileges while we're there, so that should help my work out schedule. As of today for the challenge I'm 5 for 5 (started Sunday). Woo hoo! Lets hope I can keep that up.

Other than that, we did a 5K on Saturday for an organization that Junior League works with. So I got a nice jump on the morning, got a membership credit, and helped a good cause! :) I am hoping to run one race a year from April - the end of the year....here are the races or at least distance I'm planning on even if I'm not sure which race yet :)

April (26th) - GW Parkway 10 miler (Alexandria, VA) - done!
May (2nd) - Bright Beginnings 5K (Washington DC) - done!
June (20th) - Waterfront Festival 10K (Alexandria, VA)
July (4th) - Autism Speaks 5K (Potomac, MD) OR (18) Twilight Runfest 8K (Rockville, MD)
August - Beerathlon 5K (Columbus, OH)
*Bonus* possibly (30th) Annapolis 10 miler (Annapolis, MD)
September (19th) - Revenge of the Penguin 10M (C&O Canal) OR Navy Federal 5K (Vienna, VA)
October (3rd) Race for Vision 5K (Columbus, OH) OR (31st) Run Geek Run 8K (DC) or Seaside 10 miler (Ocean City, MD)
November (26th) - Turkey Trot 5 miler (Columbus, OH)
December (13th) - Jingle All the Way 10K (Washington DC) OR Santa's Sleigh 5K (Bel Air, MD)

1 Comments:

Blogger Starfruit said...

Wow! Look at you. Very impressive race schedule. I'm excited to join you for the Beerathlon 5K in Aug. I vote for you doing the Seaside 10 miler in OC. That's my 'hood, or at least close to it ;-)

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home